An Overview of Top 10 Steps To Successful Breastfeeding
The saying Breast milk is still best for babies is very important to you especially if you’re breastfeeding your child. Breast milk is the best food you can give your baby.
To be able to have a successful breastfeeding experience, the following tips are offered:
- Begin to breastfeed your child an hour after giving birth. Most mothers do this and become successful in breastfeeding their child.
- Make sure to get the right latch to have a successful breastfeeding. It is said that you can establish and maintain successful breastfeeding with inverted nipples or flat nipples.
- Feed the baby every two to three hours or whenever your baby seems to be hungry.
- Experiment on different positions when breastfeeding. Some mothers say tht successful breastfeeding is achieved if you experiment on other positions to discover the fastest way to produce milk.
- Use props. Examples of these are creams for sore nipples and disposable breast pads.
- Drink plenty of liquids, eat nutritious foods and get enough rest. Balanced diet is very important to have a successful breastfeeding experience.
- Be sure to burp your babies after each feeding.
- Avoid using pacifiers or bottle feeding for the first month to establish a strong breastfeeding bonding with your child.
- Be resourceful. To achieve successful breastfeeding experience, you can visit and seek the advice of a lactation consultant or simple research online. In this way, you will be educated with the dos and don’t in breastfeeding.
- Create a breastfeeding station. If you are working before giving birth and you plan to go back to work, inform your employer ahead of time to establish a private, clean location where you can breastfeed your child. Or if the need arises, do not be afraid to breastfeed in public. Also, be sure to purchase a good breast pump.
Successful breastfeeding will take a lot of work, patience, perseverance, observation and prayer.